Wednesday 5 June 2013

[Review] Etude House Real Art Cleansing Oil Moisture

Hi lovelies!
Hope everyone is well :) I'm looking forward to the long weekend ahead. I will finally have some time to blog a bit more. 
I'm here today with a review on Etude House's Real Art Cleansing Oil Moisture which I bought in a skincare haul that I did last week. (image of what I bought is on Instagram)
I've always been intrigued with cleansing oils but have never tried them before; since the weather is getting drier here, I thought that it would be the perfect time to try it out.


There are two kinds of Etude House Real Art Cleansing Oil: Fresh and Moisture. I picked up the moisture as my skin is dry-combination whereas the Fresh is recommended for those with more oily skin.

What is claims: "Real Art Cleansing Oil is formulated with cocount oil to gently remove tough waterproof makeup while protection and moisturizing skin.
Effectively removes the following makeup : Eyeliner, Mascara, Lipstick, BB Cream, Eye Brow"

First off, I love the packaging of it. I like the fact that it has a pump and the container itself is very geometric. I hardly see skincare products packaged like this- I like how snugly it fits in my cabinet.

How to use:
"1. Apply oil all over the face and massage thoroughly.
2. Add some water and massage again, until the oil became milky color.
3. Rinse with warm water. (Use foam cleanser if needed.)"

The oil smells quite refreshing and sort of citrusy. I kind of like that smell- it's very clean. I was very hesitant on using this on my face at first because it felt really oily.(Duh Carmen) However, after adding water, it sort of the lathers up and you can really feel it cleaning your skin without being oily at all.

My daily face
After using the cleansing oil
The cleansing oil easily removed the concealor, lipgloss and BB cream. However, the lipstick, eyeliner, Maybelline Colour Tattoo required more time to remove. After about 40 seconds, the waterproof mascara was all that remained.

The cleansing oil was really effective in removing makeup from the back of arm. However, I found that when I used it on my face, the mascara hardly budged and it took longer to remove lipstick, eyeliner and eyeshadow. This may be because I tend to be a lot gentler rubbing my face than the back of my arm.

To be honest, I won't repurchase this product because what I look for in makeup removers is it's ability to remove my mascara. I would use this as a cleanser as it's so gentle and moisturising on the skin.

Have you use cleansing oils before? What were your experiences?


Connect with me through: Bloglovin' | Instagram|Twitter

Don't forget to join my giveaway!
TITLE

No comments:

Post a Comment